Your privacy is critically important to us. At WRT, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information we store.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
At WRT, we simply produce great shows for Wellingtonians to enjoy! We sell tickets to audiences and update them on upcoming shows (if they choose to be updated). We also maintain a database of members to whom we send newsletters and, of course, some members who participate as cast and/or crew in our performances.
- You make and pay for a booking to see a WRT performance;
- You sign up to be notified about new shows or receive our newsletter;
- You become a member of WRT;
- You agree to perform or participate in one of our shows.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, enable you to modify or view those Services or to communicate with you.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you when you make a booking. We require an email address, name and contact details (phone, address) in case of amendments to future shows. We also ask you to set up a username and password to access your own information. That’s it. You may provide us with more information — such as any specific booking requirement – but that is up to you!
- Public profile information: If you have an account with us, none of this information is exposed to the general public.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us, we’ll collect information to process those payments, including credit card data. This is NOT stored on the WRT website, and WRT cannot see your credit card details. We do keep a record of the purchases you have made.
- Content information: If you’re a member or actor in our shows, you might provide us with information about you including photos or biographies. In this case, it is likely that some of this information will be made available to the general public – including your name.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online operators, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, date and time of access and other techie bits.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We don’t collect information from other sources nor do we give your data to others.
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, manage your booking and process payments and orders.
- To contact you in the event of changes. For example, a change in performance dates or times.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring and responding to feedback.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you with information, including marketing of our shows (if you opt in).
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
This policy is based on the European Union standards, colloquially known as GDPR.
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide our Services; to contact you in the event of changes; to fix problems with our Services; to communicate with you; or,
(5) You have given us your consent
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications or newsletters from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know.
- Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our Services. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above
WRT operates to a similar standard as required by law in the European Union.
Data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a NZ Privacy Commissioner.
Contacting Us About These Rights
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to “How to Reach Us” to, well, find out how to reach us.
When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account.
Controllers & How to Reach Us
The controller of your personal data is always Wellington Repertory Theatre Incorporated. We have no fixed address, but please refer to our Committee page for contact details.